changing lives through learning
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; in this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
Collecting Personal Information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
– your email address
– information that you provide when completing your profile on our website
– information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters
– information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services
– information relating to any purchases you make of our services or any other transactions that you enter into through our website
– information that you post to our website for publication on the internet
– any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
Using Personal Information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
We may use your personal information to:
– personalise our website for you
– enable your use of the services available on our website
– send you email notifications that you have specifically requested
– send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter)
– send you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties
– deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website
– keep our website secure and prevent fraud.
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Disclosing Personal Information
We will disclose personal information only to the extent that we are required to do so by law.
We will disclose personal information only in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
We will disclose personal information only if you expressly agree to the transfers of personal information.
Retaining Personal Information
Our data retention policies and procedure are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data to the extent that we are required to do so by law or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of Personal Information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure password protected servers.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
We may notify you of changes to this policy.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third Party Websites
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
This website is owned and operated by Cara Counselling Training.
Our principal place of business and training venue is: Worthing College, 1 Sanditon Way, Worthing BN14 9FD.
You can contact us by post, using the postal address given above.
You can contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact us by telephone on 07905 414 336 or 07846 601 228.